Download MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle Database to manage your database efficiently. A database management system (DBMS) is a computer software application that interacts with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data. A general-purpose DBMS is designed to allow the definition, creation, querying, update, and administration of databases.
the world's second most[a] widely used relational database management system (RDBMS) and most widely used open-source RDBMS.MySQL is a popular choice of database for use in web applications, and is a central component of the widely used LAMP open source web application software stack.
- Written in C and C++.
- Works on many different platforms
- Uses multi-layered server design with independent modules.
- Designed to be fully multi-threaded using kernel threads, to easily use multiple CPUs if they are available.
- Provides transactional and nontransactional storage engines.
- Implements SQL functions using a highly optimized class library that should be as fast as possible. Usually there is no memory allocation at all after query initialization.
- Provides the server as a separate program for use in a client/server networked environment, and as a library that can be embedded (linked) into standalone applications.
- A privilege and password system that is very flexible and secure, and that enables host-based verification.
PostgreSQL is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) with an emphasis on extensibility and on standards-compliance. As a database server, its primary function is to store data securely, supporting best practices, and to allow for retrieval at the request of other software applications. It can handle workloads ranging from small single-machine applications to large Internet-facing applications with many concurrent users.
- Transactions 100% A.C.I.D compliant: atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability. Full Commit and Rollback support
- Isolation levels: Serializable / Read Committed
- Online Backup: higher safety and availability of your data
- Storage of BLOBs (Binary Large Objects), including text, audio, photos and video
- Aggregations: full support to GROUP BY and aggregate functions like COUNT, SUM, AVG, MIN, MAX, STDDEV and VARIANCE. New aggregate functions may be created as needed
- User defined functions (Stored Procedures) that can be written in many server supported languages: C, SQL, PL/pgSQL (similar to Oracle PL/SQL), TCL, Perl, Python and Ruby
- Exclusive Multi-version concurrency control ( MVCC ) system, for high demanding concurrent applications. In this unique mechanism readers do not block writers and writers do not block readers, reducing ( sometimes eliminating ) concurrent transactions contention and deadlocks
MS SQL Server
SQL Server 2014 offers breakthrough in-memory performance built into the database for your transactions, your queries and your analytics, delivers faster insights into any data with familiar analytics tools, and enables enterprise-ready Big Data solutions. A consistent programming model and common tools across on-premises and cloud support hybrid infrastructures and scenarios.
- Breakthrough, in-memory performance
- Proven, predictable performance
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Enterprise scalability across compute, networking, and storage
- Security and compliance
- Consistent data platform on-premises to cloud
- Faster insights for all users with Power BI
- Easy-to-use management tools
- Robust development tools
Oracle SQL Developer
Oracle SQL Developer is a free integrated development environment that simplifies the development and management of Oracle Database in both traditional and Cloud deployments. SQL Developer offers complete end-to-end development of your PL/SQL applications, a worksheet for running queries and scripts, a DBA console for managing the database, a reports interface, a complete data modeling solution, and a migration platform for moving your 3rd party databases to Oracle.
- SQL Developer allows you to explore the contents of your database using the connection tree. Expanding the tables node will show you the tables for the connected user.
- SQL Worksheet
- The grids present data in a spreadsheet, row:col like interface. These are used throughout the product, but primarily for displaying the contents of tables and the results from executing one or more queries.
- Procedure Editor
- DBA Console
- Unit Testing
- Oracle APEX Listener Administration
- RESTful Services
- Oracle Database Migrations
An Oracle database is a collection of data treated as a unit. The purpose of a database is to store and retrieve related information. A database server is the key to solving the problems of information management. In general, a server reliably manages a large amount of data in a multiuser environment so that many users can concurrently access the same data. All this is accomplished while delivering high performance. A database server also prevents unauthorized access and provides efficient solutions for failure recovery.
- Data concurrency .
- Consolidating databases with Oracle Multitenant
- Read Consistency, Undo Records, and Transactions
- Locking Mechanisms
- Real Application Clusters
- Self-Managing Database
- Administer the complete Oracle environment, including databases, iAS servers, applications, and services
- Monitor database conditions throughout the network
- Automatic Storage Management
- Simplify Big Data integration and analysis
- In-memory optimizations for real time analytics